Numerous liposuction methods exist, each one offering certain benefits. Which one your surgeon uses during your liposuction will depend on factors such as the location on your body where the procedure will be performed, and how much fat needs to be removed.
Here at TCC, we use three primary liposuction methods. We’ve chosen them based on the effectiveness of results they offer, the minimized risks associated with them, and the increased safety of the patient, which is our number one priority.
Have your procedure now, make payments later!
Also known as PAL, this liposuction method uses a specialized liposuction cannula that gently vibrates and oscillates, allowing the surgeon to remove more fat than some other liposuction methods. It is designed to maneuver more easily through fibrous tissue so the surgeon doesn’t have to move the cannula around as much. The gentle vibrating also helps to remove fat cells from their connective tissue.
There is less risk of damage to tissue, including the friction burns that can sometimes be associated with liposuction.
- Surgeons benefit from having more control over the cannula, which leads to better contouring and fewer complications.
- There is less risk of damage to tissue including the friction burns that ca often be associated with liposuction.
- This method causes much less damage to the nerve tissue that the fat surrounds than other methods. This means faster recovery and less chance of complications during the procedure.
- As the fat cells are not destroyed during the procedure, the removed fat can be cleaned and re-inserted into other parts of the body as part of body contouring. This is known as autologous fat transfer.
- While there are general liposuction risks and complications to consider, there are none specific to PAL. It’s one of the safest liposuction methods available.
Before & After
Post Op Care
This liposuction method uses laser technology to first melt and liquefy the fat before it is suctioned out, making the procedure much easier on the body. This procedure is usually performed on an outpatient basis.
- It is suitable in nearly every area of the body, including face, chest, back arms and other areas where the fat is tougher and more fibrous.
- It is one of the most minimally invasive techniques. The procedure is performed using a local anesthetic, and causes the least amount of bleeding and bruising.
- It is also beneficial for improving the appearance of the skin. Besides removing excess fat, the laser affects the collagen, making skin tighter and firmer.
- It is not recommended that more than 500 ml of fat be removed in one laser-lipo procedure as this will not be safe for the patient. For more fat than that to be removed, other conventional methods of liposuction will need to be employed.
- Not suitable for people on various blood thinning medication, although this can be discussed with you surgeon beforehand.
- It may take 3-6 months to see the full effect of the liposuction.
Also called WAL, this liposuction method entails inserting water into the fat tissue to assist in breaking it down. The water also loosens the fat tissue, which is then removed by a cannula.
- This liposuction method requires less solution to be injected under the skin, so side effects are minimized.
- While there are general surgical risks to consider, there are none specific to WAL.
VASER: Ultrasound Assisted
VASERLipo® uses specialized ultrasound technology that is able to remove large amounts of unwanted fat in multiple areas of the body, while defining the underlying musculature. This is a 4Dimensional high definition form of liposculpture that contours the body and precisely removes fat around muscles for a highly defined physique.
- Ultrasound waves gently soften and remove fat, which decreases the amount of trauma to surrounding tissues.
- Less bruising, less swelling and less pain is experienced after surgery = minimized recovery period.
- The highly precise method allows for high definition body contouring and etching around the muscles.
- Technique is delicate enough to use on smaller areas of the body yet powerful enough to remove large amounts of unwanted fat.
- Since fat is removed in such a delicate manner, it can be safely used for fat transfer.
- If you do not seek the expertise of a skilled surgeon you risk the chance of poor body contouring.
Follow Us On Instagram