Lower Leg Liposuction
Lower leg liposuction is exactly what it sounds like—liposuction performed on the lower portion—below the knee—of one or both of your legs. Maybe you just don’t like the way your lower legs look. Maybe you’re not able to participate in fashion trends like skinny jeans. Or maybe you want your legs to look both leaner and longer, especially if you’re a little on the short side. Whatever the case, lower leg liposuction can help slim, sculpt and smooth the area, and give you the appearance of longer, shapelier legs.
Lower Leg Liposuction?
Lower Leg Regions and Liposuction
To understand how lower leg liposuction can help change the appearance of your legs, it’s important to know which areas can be treated.
Liposuction performed strategically around the bottom back of the legs can help create shapely calves. It’s important to note that you don’t want to remove all the fat from this area, though. A thin layer of fat over the calf helps maintain a more natural-looking, feminine aesthetic. Remove too much, and the legs can end up looking masculine.
Thick ankles are sometimes derogatorily referred to as “cankles,” meaning there’s no visible separation between the calf and the ankle. Liposuction in this area can create a more definitive separation between the two regions, as well as a more feminine curvature to the lower leg by slimming the ankle.
Behind the Knees: The NO GO ZONE
Your surgeon will absolutely not perform liposuction in the area behind your knees. This region holds vital structures such as blood vessels that are extremely vulnerable to trauma and damage by liposuction cannulas. However, it may be possible to address the areas around the knee, especially as part of inner or outer thigh liposuction procedures.
Lower leg liposuction can be performed in conjunction with other procedures such as outer thigh liposuction or inner thigh liposuction, which may reduce your overall cost. In addition, the fat collected from one or all procedures may be used for a fat transfer procedure to enhance another area of your body such as your lips, breasts or buttocks.
Follow us on Instagram
- Liposuction Before and After Photos
- Liposuction Cost
- Liposuction and Your Body Type
- Common Areas Treated by Liposuction
- Preparing for Liposuction
- Liposuction of the Abdomen
- Liposuction of the Arms
- Liposuction of the Back
- Liposuction of the Buttocks
- Liposuction of the Female Breast
- Liposuction of The Inner Thigh
- Liposuction of the Lower Legs
- Liposuction of the Outer Thighs
- Liposuction of the Face and Neck
- Gynecomastia and Liposuction
- Mommy Makeover
- BELKYRA™ and KYBELLA™ for Double Chin
- Liposuction Methods and Techniques
- Liposuction Cannulas
- Tumescent Liposuction
- SmartLipo™ Liposuction
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Compression Garments
- Maintaining Results After Liposuction
- Post-Surgical Instruction Videos