The type of cannula the surgeon uses depends on the type of liposuction being performed, and on what part of the body, as well as a few other factors.
Liposuction Cannula Structure
- Distal Tip: This is the front part of the cannula that enters the skin and fat. It will have one or more openings, which the fat will enter to be removed. The design and shape of the distal tip affects:
- The ease with which it can be maneuvered under the skin and in the fat
- The ability to disrupt and extract fat
- The versatility in various parts of the body
- Hollow Metal Tube: This is the channel through which fat travels from the body into the collection receptacle. The diameter of a cannula refers to the width of the tube, while the length is a measurement of the cannula from end to end. Shorter cannulas are used for areas such as the face, while longer cannulas are used for procedures such as back liposuction and outer thigh liposuction.
- Proximal End. This is the back part that is attached to a syringe or suction device, allowing the cannula to pull fat from the body.
Have your procedure now, make payments later!
Double Mercedes Cannula
- It has openings all around the distal end, allowing it to remove fat 360 degrees around its entry point, thereby allowing the surgeon to remove more fat more quickly, and reduce surgery time.
- It’s good for fibrous tissue, and for large-volume extraction.
- It’s good for precision in small areas.
- They can help the surgeon create an initial path for a second cannula that will extract the fat.
Follow us on Instagram
- Liposuction Before and After Photos
- Liposuction Cost
- Liposuction and Your Body Type
- Common Areas Treated by Liposuction
- Preparing for Liposuction
- Liposuction of the Abdomen
- Liposuction of the Arms
- Liposuction of the Back
- Liposuction of the Buttocks
- Liposuction of the Female Breast
- Liposuction of The Inner Thigh
- Liposuction of the Lower Legs
- Liposuction of the Outer Thighs
- Liposuction of the Face and Neck
- Gynecomastia and Liposuction
- Mommy Makeover
- BELKYRA™ and KYBELLA™ for Double Chin
- Liposuction Methods and Techniques
- Liposuction Cannulas
- Tumescent Liposuction
- SmartLipo™ Liposuction
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Compression Garments
- Maintaining Results After Liposuction
- Post-Surgical Instruction Videos