kissable lips can be yours!
Lip injections are exactly what they sound like. A filler, whether it’s a commercial solution such as JUVÉDERM®, or your own fat taken from another area of your body, is injected into your lips to even them out, plump them up, and give you the lips you’ve always wanted.
What Lip Injections
Can Do for You
- increased lip volume.
- corrected asymmetry.
- corrected irregular vermilion border (the demarcation between the lip and the adjacent skin).
- smooth out fine lines on and around the lips.
- reshaping of the lips.
Book a Consultation With
Our Professional Injectionist
If you’re not sure whether to use lip fillers or get a fat transfer, or if you’re not sure whether you’re a candidate for lip injections in the first place, our injectionist can help.
We’re proud to have on our staff one of the best injectionists in Toronto, Lori Pollock. She’s not just a cosmetic injectionist; she’s a registered nurse, and a certified BOTOX® trainer in both Canada and the United States.
Lori will sit down with you and go over your lip injection options. She’ll answer all your questions, and ensure you understand the procedure and the kind of results you can get.
Schedule a consultation with Lori today, and you’ll be on your way to beautiful lips.
Lip injections using body fat start at $2,000. Part of the reason for this higher price is that in order to accomplish the fat transfer to your lips, the fat must first be collected from elsewhere, so it's basically two procedures in one.
How is Lip Injections Performed?
Once those goals are in place, the procedure will begin with a topical numbing agent being applied to your lips to ease discomfort caused by the needle. Then our injectionist will use a syringe with a small needle to inject the selected filler into several areas of your lips. Depending on your goals, this may include injections in the upper, lower, or both lips, and possibly around the edges of your lips as well.
Once the lip injections are complete, you'll receive care instructions. The entire procedure should only take about 30 minutes, and you should be able to resume all your normal activities right away.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Call Us (416) 221-5554
Lip Injection Options
We offer two options for lip injections at TCC:
- Dermal Filler: This option uses prefilled syringes that can contain plumping ingredients. At TCC, we use JUVÉDERM®, which is a hyaluronic acid gel. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that we already have in our bodies, so this helps reduce the risk of rejection or allergic reaction. JUVÉDERM® is a temporary filler, with results lasting from six months to one year.
- Fat Transfer: For this option, fat is taken from an area of the body (for example, the abdomen) and injected into the lips. This will add volume, and is a preferable option for those who do not want a foreign substance in their body. However, the downsides are that results can appear uneven, they don’t last as long, and it’s more expensive than dermal fillers.
You may be aware that some people augment their lips with implants. Lip implants are made of silicone, and can be placed into the upper, lower, or both lips to reshape them, and permanently add volume. Lip implants are risky as they can sometimes shift or migrate, making corrective procedures necessary. For this reason, we do not offer lip implants at TCC.
Have your procedure now, make payments later!
To minimize swelling, you can apply ice packs at 20-minute intervals throughout the day. You can also keep your head elevated at night by sleeping with more pillows.
The next morning, your lips may be even more swollen than the day before, especially if you got dermal filler instead of a fat transfer. This is completely normal, and is simply part of the healing process.
After this, the swelling will begin to go down, and should be gone about three days after your lip injections.
While you’re receiving lip injections, you may choose to have one or more associated procedures at the same time. For example:
- JUVÉDERM® Injections: This dermal filler isn’t just for lips! It can also be used to fill in nasolabial folds, called “smile lines,” the wrinkles that form on both sides of the mouth as a result of smiling.
- Laser Hair Removal: Both men and women can take this opportunity to remove unwanted hair from the upper lip, chin, and even the full area around the mouth.
- Melasma Treatment: Hyperpigmentation, an unnatural darkening of the skin, commonly occurs on the upper lip, and can be a source of embarrassment. The melasma treatment uses a laser to lighten the skin. Another option to treat this condition is an IPL™ PhotoFacial.
Follow us on Instagram
Question & Answer
When will I see results?
Immediately! Your lips will be plump and voluminous as soon as the treatment is done. There will be some swelling, so it will be about two weeks before you see the final results.
Can I get more than one syringe of filler in my lips?
Yes. You may want to wait after having one syringe injected, so you can see the results of that before deciding to get a second one. But if you wish, you can have two done during the same appointment.
How long do lip injection results last?
It depends on the product injected. For a soft tissue filler that has hyaluronic acid like JUVÉDERM®, the average longevity is six months to one year. However, you can get repeat injections sooner, if you prefer.
Do lip injections hurt?
Some people experience more pain than others. You need to know this so you’re prepared. You will feel some discomfort during the procedure, as the lips are quite sensitive. A topical numbing agent is applied prior to the injections to help decrease discomfort. After the injections, your lips may be a bit tender, but an over-the-counter pain medication should help, if you find it bothersome.
Is there anything I can do to prepare for my lip injections?
For a period of one week prior to your procedure, avoid aspirin, smoking, and alcohol. This will help reduce swelling and the chance of bruising. If you do form a bruise, you should be able to cover it up with makeup.
Are there any risks to lip injections?
The type of lip injections you have done will determine the probability and type of complications. A hyaluronic acid-based filler like JUVÉDERM®usually carries minimal risks, but asymmetry and bump formation may occur. Infection and scarring are also possible complications.
What are the possible side effects of lip injections?
The most common side effects include swelling, bruising, and some discomfort. These usually last only a few days, and are completely gone within a week, in most cases. Other, less common side effects include, but are not limited to severe itching, redness, and a lot of swelling. These are usually an indication of an allergic reaction to the filler.
Can men get lip injections?
Absolutely! Both men and women can have their lips augmented. A good candidate is someone who is bothered by thin or asymmetrical lips.