The labia majora (outer “lips”) wrinkle and lose elasticity and tone with time. This is due in part to a decrease in estrogen levels that can be caused by both childbirth and menopause. Extreme weight loss can also lead to similar labial deflation.
As the labia majora continue to thin out over time, the labia minora (inner “lips”) become more noticeable, especially if they’re darker or hang down past the edges of the labia majora. The total effect is that of flat and sagging labia, which ages the overall appearance of the vulva.
Aside from appearance, these changes bring up other concerns. The labia majora act as a kind of cushion during sexual intercourse. The loss of tone and firmness in the labia majora can cause discomfort during sex, because they’re unable to protect you from excessive friction and impact.
If you’re concerned about any or all of these changes, you don’t have to live with them. You can restore both the appearance and function of your intimate area with one of two labia puffing procedures: JUVÉDERM® filler injections or fat grafting.
Before & After
Post Op Care
Have your procedure now, make payments later!
Which Labia Puffing Procedure
is Right for You?
JUVÉDERM®: These injections are made from hyaluronic acid, a chemical produced by our bodies. For this reason, the risk of rejection is very small, and it’s just as safe as fat grafting. Labia puffing done with JUVÉDERM® offers several benefits:
- Similar to facial and lip injections, this non-surgical procedure takes approximately 15 minutes.
- You’ll see results immediately, with minimal to no swelling following the injections.
- There is no recovery time needed. You’ll be able to return to everyday activities right away.
- JUVÉDERM® injections are not permanent, lasting approximately six to eight months.
Fat Grafting: In this labia puffing procedure, fat is collected from another area of your body, usually the inner thigh or the abdomen. It is then injected into the labia majora to rejuvenate and plump the area. This option also offers benefits:
- It’s non-surgical, and doesn’t require any cutting or suturing.
- The results last longer than filler injections, requiring fewer return visits.
- It produces a more understated, natural-looking result.
- Because the fat comes from your own body, your system will not reject the injections, and will naturally reabsorb the tissue over time.
- There is no downtime. You’ll be able to return to everyday activities right away.
Labia puffing may also be a solution for those who have mild labia minora hypertrophy (enlargement), and is the non-surgical alternative to inner labiaplasty.
Follow us on Instagram