Laser liposuction is the newest trend in liposuction today!
Sure, liposuction is an effective way to get rid of that stubborn fat that is resistant to exercise and diet. But who has the time to wait around for results to finally appear? You've got your life to live!
That's why new advancements in the field of cosmetic/plastic surgery have discovered the power of lasers to remarkably improve the way in which Toronto liposuction is performed today.
With the Smartlipo™ LaserBodySculpting Workstation, patients can experience the least invasive method of liposuction available in the field of cosmetic/plastic surgery, "melting" away excess fat in target areas such as the thighs, abdomen, arms, neck and parts of the face. Toronto Cosmetic Clinic was the first practice in Canada to offer Smartlipo.
How It Works
Smartlipo™ is a form of laser assisted liposuction that uses the Smartlipo™ LaserBodySculpting Workstation, manufactured by Cynosure. The cannula, smaller than the one used for traditional liposuction procedures, is inserted into the areas of the body that are targeted for fat removal. What makes the cannula so unique is that it contains 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser fibre. When the laser comes into contact with the undesirable subcutaneous fat, it ruptures the fat and coagulates tissue as well as blood vessels in the area. The power of the laser also seals blood vessels and stimulates collagen to improve the health of skin in the area. This results in a tightening of the tissue and a reduction in bleeding, bruising, and swelling.
Why It's Better
Some of the most important reasons why Smartlipo™ laser assisted liposuction is better?
- Traditional forms of liposuction that treat larger areas of the body typically require general anesthesia. However, since Smartlipo™ minimizes trauma to the area treated, general or even local anesthesia can be used.
- Any incisions made are much smaller because of the size of the cannula used (it measures under 2mm), requiring in most cases no stitches. As a result, scars are less noticeable.
- Challenging areas can be treated, such as the neck or jowls
- After the procedure patients experience far less pain than other forms of liposuction. There is usually no bleeding and minimal bruising that typically accompanies recovery. Because of the relative ease of recovery after Smartlipo™, patients can return to sedentary work within a fews days
- Since there is less swelling and less bruising, you'll be able to see the results faster
- Other, older forms of liposuction left skin hanging in its wake, Smartlipo™ tightens the skin in the treated area.
Men and women in Australia, Japan, Germany, the U.S. and many other countries around the world have taken advantage of the extraordinary results achieved with this procedure. Find out more by contacting Toronto Cosmetic Clinic, the first aesthetic surgical practice in Canada to offer Smartlipo™.
Is Smartlipo™ a solution to obesity?
Like other forms of liposuction, Smartlipo™ is not a solution to obesity. It is designed to eliminate stubborn pockets of fat in specific areas of the body. Ideal candidates are those that are in relatively good health mentally and physically.
Can I treat more than one area in one session?
Yes. You may treat up to three areas, depending on the extent of correction. Speak to your physician to find out more information.
What type of anesthesia is used?
Smartlipo™ is performed on an outpatient basis under general or local anesthetic. The anesthetic is effective at reducing or eliminating pain and discomfort, making the procedure essentially painless.
What happens right after the procedure?
A special garment may be required to facilitate healing and compress the area. There may be some swelling and discomfort, but any pain is typically considered simply a dull ache. The rate of bruising, if any, is mild.
How long do I have to wait until the results appear?
Over a course of 6 weeks following a procedure, you'll be able to see dramatic improvements as any swelling wears off. You can expect to see the final results in approximately 3-6 months. However, this depends on the extent of treatment and your health. Follow your physician's instructions as closely as possible to ensure a quicker recovery.
How long do results last?
Results will last as long as the patient follows a healthy diet and exercise regimen, in which case it is permanent.
Can Smartlipo™ be repeated in the same area?
Yes, but patients must wait at least 4 months before doing so.
Does Smartlipo™ have any risks or side effects?
Like any procedure, Smartlipo™ also has its risks and side effects. These include bruising and/or discomfort, both which typically disappear more quickly than other forms of liposuction.