Vaginal Rejuvenation Preparation
Vaginal Rejuvenation at Toronto Cosmetic Clinic is one of the most rewarding cosmetic surgical procedures a woman can undergo. A synonym for Vaginoplasty, Vaginal Rejuvenation and Vaginal Tightening can contribute to increased sexual sensation for both the woman and the man during intercourse, resulting in heightened gratification and a revitalized love life.
However, as for any invasive surgical procedure, patients should be aware that proper steps need to be taken to suitably prepare for the procedure.
A Week Before Surgery
Some things you can do to help your surgery go more smoothly and facilitate the recovery process are the following:
- Stop smoking at least 1 week before the date of surgery. Doing so improves the rate of recovery and reduces the risk of infection.
- Make sure that any medication you take won't increase risks related to the surgery, or jeopardize your chances of recovery. A list of medications that aren't compatible with surgery may be given to you, however you should speak to your surgeon and let them know what you're taking since the list may not be exhaustive.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet and lead a healthy lifestyle. This prepares your body, and mind, for the trauma of surgery.
- Prepare meals and medications to make the recovery period easier. You don't want to be scrambling around doing that stuff while your physical capability is compromised.
- Prepare transportation from Toronto Cosmetic Clinic following surgery. Since you'll be placed under anesthesia during surgery, you probably won't be fit to drive and may need assistance going home.
- You'll most likely also need assistance while you recover at home, so you may want to ask close friends or family for help.
Generally, a routine blood test will be taken prior to vaginal rejuvenation in Toronto. This will ensure your body is ready for the procedure. A pregnancy test will also be taken. As a general rule, vaginal rejuvenation is not performed on a patient if they are pregnant.
The Day of Surgery
You'll be asked to refrain from eating or drinking, at least 8 hours before the time of surgery. Take off all jewelry and leave it at home, along with any other precious items.
Normally, you'll be asked to arrive early – about an hour before the actual time of surgery. This allows us to conduct a preoperative consultation and prepare you for surgery by doing such things as cleaning the area targeted and changing into a surgical gown. You'll be asked to remove such things as dentures, hearing aids, hairclips, contact lenses, and other items.You will also speak to the anesthesiologist who will prepare you for the administration of anesthetic.
Be prepared to stay for a few hours. Vaginal rejuvenation at Toronto Cosmetic Clinic can take up to 90 minutes to complete, however recovery time under observation may also be required.
This is a basic outline of how to prepare for the vaginal rejuvenation procedure at Toronto Cosmetic Clinic. To book a free consultation with a patient consultant and receive a complete checklist for the procedure, call 416-221-5554.