After a full recovery from a liposuction procedure at Toronto Cosmetic Clinic, most clients are delighted by the results of this invasive surgery. Liposuction acquires for them a desirable body contour much more quickly and effectively than c ould ever be achieved by exercise and diet alone. And by doing this, clients look great and consequently feel great. Their self-esteem and overall happiness is improved tremendously.
Dramatic Weight Gain and Liposculpture
When massive weight gain occurs in an individual, fat cells become so filled to capacity that they can split. This is an important process that occurs naturally at specific points in an individual's life to encourage growth, namely in the first stages of life and during adolescence. The condition in which fat cells grow excessively is called hypertrophy. Hyperplasia refers to the natural phenomenon of cells splitting or dividing. Typically, after a specific age, hyperplasia and hypertrophy of fat cells no longer occur. However, massive weight gain, as well as other factors such as genetics and the consumption of growth hormones, can result in hyperplasia and hypertrophy of fat cells.
While liposuction is designed to remove the number of fat cells in a target area, massive weight gain and obesity following the procedure can result in hypertrophy and hyperplasia. The remaining fat cells in a treated area can grow in number and size, adversely affecting the results of lipoplasty. Furthermore, even if this phenomenon does not occur, weight gain can occur in other areas that have not been treated to upset the body's overall balance and proportion achieved from surgery. For this reason, people who have undergone lipoplasty and want to maintain results should avoid any habit that can lead to massive weight gain. This often includes overeating, eating specific types of food and not exercising enough.
7 Tips on How to Keep Fat off Following Liposuction
The cosmetic surgical procedure is not a guarantee against weight gain so if you want to maintain your figure after surgery, you must develop healthy eating and exercise habits. Here are 7 tips for maintaining your figure following liposuction. While these tips may help you maintain the results of your liposuction surgery, you should always follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.
- Eat healthy. Cut down on carbohydrates, sugars, and saturated fat. Rather than trying to eat less, focus on eating more vitamin and mineral-rich foods. Fresh fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, whole grains, and lean protein are essential for a healthy diet.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day. Think eight, eight-ounce glasses of water each day, although this amount may vary depending on your body size and requirements. Consult your physician to determine how much water is ideal for you. If you stay sufficiently hydrated, you can maintain a healthy metabolism rate and aid digestion. Furthermore, water controls your sensations of hunger.
- Don’t skip meals. A nutritious breakfast is the cornerstone of a healthy diet because it keeps hunger pangs at bay and prevents you from overeating later in the day.
- Get your carbohydrates from whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables. These are the healthiest sources of carbohydrates because they keep your blood sugar levels balanced, preventing you from experiencing hunger pangs and cravings.
- Eat several small meals throughout the day. Eating smaller meals spread throughout the day maintains your energy levels and prevents you from feeling deprived of food in between meals. Eating small meals also prevents you from overeating during meals.
- Get enough exercise, preferably every day for at least 20-30 minutes or according to your doctor's advice. Please be careful of exercise while you recover - vigorous exercises should be avoided until your plastic surgeon gives you approval. However, you may walk at a leisurely pace in days following your surgery to prevent blood clots and other complications.
- Get a gym membership and invest in some new gym clothes to motivate yourself to work out on a regular basis. You can also set up a walking club with friends and family to motivate yourself to walk on a daily basis.
Although liposuction is effective and faster in achieving a desirable body contour, it is an invasive method that takes time and costs money. Protect your investment and enjoy the benefits of lipoplasty; maintain results by following a healthy exercise regimen, diet and positive lifestyle.